It has been nearly two decades when Social Media was introduced to the world. However, after the initial launch of Facebook in 2004, and soon after, the introduction of Twitter and Google+, the picture of Social Media really got changed.
Today, social media has grown to multi-billion USD, and its growing significantly as people are joining the internet every passing day. Like the film, the scene in the social media world is constantly changing to keep up the pace and maintain the curiosity and development for the best results possible. Following are some of the facts that may help you to carve your strategy.
- Chat apps like WhatsApp, Snapchat, Viber etc. are accounting for three out of top five global services social platforms.
- More 2 billion users are currently active on different social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.
- Social media giant, ‘Facebook’ has more than 1.55 billion active users. Fb has seen the rise of 14% in the user numbers over the period OF one year and will be soon touching 2 billion mark in the coming years. More than 1.05 billion people log onto Facebook on a daily basis.
- Since content marketing industry is going to hit $300 billion, and billions of people are reading articles to entertain with knowledge. In addition, industries will have to focus on different strategies to cement their immovable place by any means through original content.
- By the year 2017, social media ad spending will see a huge rise with more companies stepping upfront to cover the targeted audience into their loyal customers. The social media advertising marketing will hit $33.5 in 2017 from $23.8 billion in 2015.
- According to the industry analysis, more than 80% of online marketers have agreed to see huge growth in their website traffic and willing to invest more of their time and money to cover more parts of the world for their business.
- Alone in the US, more than 53% people who are following brands on Facebook tend to remain loyal to them. Image the picture of the entire world and how much it can influence the business in the long-term investment.
- More than 54% of B2B marketers have gained sales conversion leads through their social media marketing strategies. In the year 2016, more than 50% companies will adopt a B2B strategy to get better web traffic and increase their sales conversion.
- More than $100 billion is estimated to be spent by B2B marketers on social media ad campaigns. Seeing the growth in the social media world, online marketers are participating in the race to reach the finish line.
- Facebook may look giant, but in terms of reputation among online marketers, only 45% thinks, FB is effective to market the business. Moreover, 66% out of 100 are planning to target Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn in the coming time to grow their audience.