Almost all online retail merchants, no matter if small or large, are gathering up to create their own pop-up stores. With pop-up stores, you can expect your business to reach desired level without while selling exclusively online to renowned brands. Seeing how widespread the pop up trend has gone, we can be sure about one thing that this trend is here to stay longer. Let us just jump to what it is all about and what benefits you can avail.
What exactly is a Pop-Up Shop
Technically, pop-up shop is a temporary or say short tenure retail event. This technique is helpful in creating long lasting impressions amongst the potential customers through temporary use of physical space. Through a pop-up shop, you get a chance to get acquainted with the customers and letting them know about the promises that the brand is making in terms of offerings. This all is done while utilizing an authentic and highly appealing physical environment to deliver a hassle free shopping experience.
What are the benefits of pop-up
The goals and aspirations for each brand vary and based upon the same, the outcomes also differs. There is a lot that could be accomplished through a pop-up. Below listed are the benefits that are definitely going to aspire you to consider doing one.
1. Start while testing a new revenue stream: For ecommerce business, a relatively low-cost efficient method of adding an additional revenue stream is pop-up shops. It is a fraction of what are supposed to pay for an actual retail location. However, when the concept is executed well and manages to garner popularity, you can collect significant profit.
2. Encouraging Customers Offline: The restriction of not able to try on a product when purchasing it online, mostly refrains the customer from getting comfortable with the online shopping process. The customer is in love with the thought of physically touching the product before he or she buys it. However, absence of this factor can interrupt the shopping process. You should be offering the customer with the freedom to browse online, even if they plan to buy that product later at some offline store. They might shop once or twice offline but eventually this would build a reliability and encourage them to shop online.
3. Create An Urgency Such As “Get It Before Offer Ends”: An important attribute of a pop-up shop is that it offers the customer with a limited time to purchase product from their favorite brand. Owing to the availability for a limited period, it often proves out to be an efficient strategy to engage the consumers with your brand and purchase them. The idea that the chosen product would not be available for a longer duration causes the urgency to buy it at the earliest. Further, the concept of scarcity creates an impression that the product is exclusive or is a limited edition product that they would not find otherwise. So far, a pop-up shop is the best solution to opt for.
4. Marketing As Per A Particular Sale, Season, or Holiday: What could be a better time to market your products then the sale season or holidays. You can let your online brand find relevant leverage while offering the products through a pop-up shop, that too when the sales are on. The concept here is to associate your brand with the holiday season and offer them a physical location to access the same. This will not only pump up the sales but will also help online store find new audience.
What should be your Pop-Up Goals?
The goals vary as per the organization size and role. However, for most of the brands, the common goals are as follows:
- Generation of revenue through the pop – up
- Creating awareness towards the brand
- Engage visitors and convert them in to loyal customers
Even though these goals are not specifically all that the audience expects, you can always start with these three and raise the slab individually. You will need to set one as your primary goal as accomplishment of the same would help in fulfillment of other goals simultaneously. This will help in claiming an authority among newer audience and promotion strategy.\