Any idea, what is the best way to turn your visitors in to customers? Well, the answer is a simple yet well designed website. Everything from product images to a streamlined checkout gateway, would together contribute as key conversion rate optimization factors. Let us quickly go through the top 5 techniques that would help in converting clicks into sales.
- Display Your Products – It is best when you design your website while using large images that not only tempts the visitors but also lets them view the product benefits in a better way. Especially over the homepage, make use of full-screen images of the most popular or best selling items to highlight what is the best that you are offering. Make use of images that are quality prone and display well on all sort of devices. The image for the product should complement the background but should yet manage to stand out. The perfect example would be an image that makes the user feel like clicking it.
- Streamlined Checkout – Like we have emphasized always, keep the checkout process simple. A well organized and streamlined checkout process could help in minimizing the cart abandonment rate and also helps in making the transactions quicker. Through the integrated shopping cart, you can offer the users a secure checkout experience with no hassles. Adding additional attributes such as displaying the shipping and return policy while hovering over the delivery and shipping icons. All this makes the checkout experience a little more customized and informative. Let the users use mobile apps to track and monitor the orders through the cart as well.
- Keep the Buttons Large and Colorful – You can always make the visitors feel tempted to buy items on impulse by displaying buttons that are large and of noticeable colors. The easier is to locate the button, better are the chances for it to get clicked and lead to a sale. When it comes to colors, you can choose something that is consistent with the color palette of your website. It should however be in contrast to other elements visible over the page. Mostly bold colors like red or yellow are used for the purpose. You can display boxes around the buttons to make them look more visible and appealing at the same time. The button element could be used for creating and styling the buttons and for linking them to products and respective pages.
- No Need for Registration to Check Out – Not every customer is willing to register over the website and so should not you force them to do so. This is probably a factor that actually restricts them from making a purchase from you. You should allow the users to check out the website without the need to create an account. You can instead ask for the basic registration details after check out. When you ask details post-purchase, the customers are less likely to say no.
- Keep the Language and Typography Simple
The language that you are using over the website should be simple and should use simple typeface. The content that you are using for the call to action buttons should be easy to understand and very clear, for instance, consider the buttons such as “Buy Now,” “Add to Cart” or “Get Offers” etc. For all the buttons that represent the same action, use the same phrases. Also, the typography should be chosen so that it is easy to read regardless of the size. You can change the fonts for all the website sections and test the combinations while making sure that you settle for the perfect typeface.