When it comes to optimizing the keyword list and placing ad bids, the sole purpose is to encourage better results. However, this could turn out as a tricky event. The biggest benefit of setting up a schedule is that it lets you analyze how much you are earning through the ads, the amount you spent at wrong places and most importantly the traffic that you are able to acquire through the ads.
Scheduling ads has become a whole new game, thanks to the AdWords’ built-in tool called Ad Scheduling. With the limit to modify nearly 6 bids per day, you can modify bids depending upon the time of day you want. However, managing these posts in accordance to the hourly slots is not possible considering this limitation. This is when the marketers at Brainlabs came forward with an AdWords script that lets bidders manage the bids for every hour of the day.
How Does It Work?
A central managing spreadsheet is used as the base for altering the ad schedule. Here is how you can start:
1. Set up a precise spreadsheet. Copy the generic ad schedule to a new Google doc. Rename the sheet, the name should be the same as the account name from where the script will run.
2. Start entering bid modifier values into the table. (Make sure you copy the URL of the spreadsheet as you will need it later.)
3. The next thing is to copy and paste the script into your account. Under this, you will have to set up a few script labeled Options as specified below.
– Go to the ‘firstRun’ variable and set it as true. Since the script will be running for the first time, an initialization process will run.
– Now, replace the current value with the Google Sheet URL that you used earlier for the spreadsheet.
– There is a field called ‘excludeCampaignNameContains’ that will exclude all those campaigns that have this field in their name. Lin case, you do not want any campaign to get excluded, you should leave this field blank.
– Alternatively, ‘includeCampaignNameContains’ will include only those campaigns which have this attribute in their name. To include all campaigns, leave the field blank.
4. The moment you are done with the optional settings, you will have to manually run the script once. You can then change the ‘firstRun’ variable to false for auto run.
5. You can set the schedule for the preset script. For better performance, you should run the script every hour.