Have you ever wondered what roads would look like, if there are no sign boards? What if there are no house numbers mentioned over the houses? In any case, it will get difficult to identify the course of action. Same is the concept with websites. Without a direction, it is impossible to reach the targeted pages. What comes out as a savior here is Call-to-action (CTA).
Call-to-action (CTA) buttons are the navigation links that inform the website visitors on what to do next once they have reached the site. Without CTA available over the site, there is no way the users will be able to find lead on where to click to navigate through next pages. This is the key strategy responsible for driving prospective users in to leads. No matter how well managed is the content over your website, you still need CTA to ensure that the customer is able to find the page they are interested in.
Some common examples of CTAs that help in garnering attention from competent leads are as follows:
- Download a copy of free e-book here
- Get a free trial
- Get an appointment
- Download for free
- Sign Up Here
- Log In for Details
What CTAs should be like?
- Right combination of colors and graphics
- Visually attractive and should compel the user to click and explore
- Keep it brief and easy to understand
- Use authoritative words as such as “Start Downloading” or “Register Here “
- Place the button at a spot that is easy to locate
- CTA should stand out yet fit with the design
- Should not distract the users from the main content
- Linked to appropriate landing page
Ways in Which Call-to-action can Help
- Generate leads for better business performance. Eg: Get a Quote or Download Quotes
- Enhanced Social presence through Social sharing CTA’s Eg: ‘Share with your friends’ or ‘If Like it then Share it’ (Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter)
- Promote some event or campaign. Eg: ‘Register for the campaign’ or ‘Join Us’