There always exists a set of golden keywords that we wish could rank high in search engines. Well, the strategies for making it happen are boundless. Varied people would keep you telling about their secret for front page Google rankings. It gets a little dizzying keeping all the approaches straight. Before settling for a plan, let us first have a look at the infographic below that specifies the leading strategies that businesses need to adopt for better ranking.
To sum up, this is what the infographic stresses upon:
- Research until you write something out of the box
- Challenge yourself and try writing even better than what you wrote before
- Create authoritative content as per the user requirements
- Draft a list with all your collective content ideas
- Rely upon varied formats such as webinar, videos, infographics etc.
Once you have gone through the infographic, the next course of action would be analyzing how to put the plan in to action.
Step 1: Finding the target search engine term – As said earlier, there is always that unique term that we wish could rank well over search engine. Rather than juggling between the keywords, it is better that you start sidelining the target keywords. When searching for the target keyword, you can take a leap towards the Google Adwords’s Keyword Planner. This would help in evaluating what is it that people are searching for and how often the term is being Googled.
Step 2: Google the search engine term (Incognito Window!) – Once, you have come up with suitable keywords, the next course of action would be to evaluate the content that shows up when the keyword is searched over Google. The purpose is to see what content pop ups. However, one thing that one has to take in to consideration is that the keyword should be searched only in an incognito window. The reason why we suggest you to Google the term in incognito mode is because it alters and displays the results based upon Google account.
Step 3: Analyze the results
When it comes to analyzing the result, it is quite a complex process. When settling for page 1 ranking, start while analyzing the all the competitors against whom you would be working. This will help in channeling the prepositions that could be beneficial in raking top results. Start while opening all the organic results on the first page, you can ignore the ads. Now comes the part where we need to go a little extra mile and evaluate each of them. The metrics that would help in evaluating the page’s quality are grade level, word count, videos, images, social media presence, social sharing etc. The purpose of evaluation is to know if each of them is delivering satisfying results. There are chances for some of the results to seem disapproving. But, in most cases, you will come across at least one result that manages to impress Google.
Step 4: Pick up your strategy
Lets just go back from where we started – the infographic.
- Research until you write something out of the box – Make sure you hire someone who knows how to answer the queries surrounding the researcher’s mind. To come out with something out of box, you can incorporate screenshots demonstrating what you are stating, quotes from experts, embed related videos and make use of infographics, charts and graphs.
- Challenge yourself and try writing even better than what you wrote before – Be sure that the content you wrote in Step 1 offers you the highest level of satisfaction when you go through it. If not, you should try creating a second copy that covers all the limitations elapsed in fist copy of content.
- Create authoritative content as per the user requirements – When you know what the user is looking for, you should always focus over delivering something customized as per their requirements. For instance, if you are planning to gain some leverage through inbound audits, it would be beneficial if you rank for “How to do inbound audit.”